Wineries Near Taos
Select from many Wineries in Northern New Mexico while in Taos. For more details on the wineries please visit www.nmwine.com. Here is a list of wineries just south of Taos. Their locations are 20-40 miles south on the Rio Grande road, Hiway 68, to Santa Fe. There are also 2 of the wineries that have tasting rooms in Taos, noted below.
- Black Mesa Winery. www.blackmesawinery.com
- Tasting room on Ranchitos Road, west of the Plaza. 241 Ledoux St, Taos, NM 87571 – (575) 758-1969
- Winery & Vineyard: 1502 Highway 68 Velarde, NM ph. 505-852-2820
- Black Mesa winery began producing wines in 1992 as the result of a long time dream of Dr. Gerhard and Connie Anderson. In 2000, Jerry and Lynda Burd purchased the winery and have carried on and expanded to produce over 25 wines from grapes grown in northern and southern New Mexico.
- La Chiripada Winery. www.lachiripada.com
- Tasting room at 103 Bent Street (1 block north of the Plaza) ~ (575)751-1311.
- La Chiripada Winery & Vineyard, Highway 75, #1119, Dixon, NM (505)579-4437
- La Chiripada Winery & Vineyard is tucked away in the lovely Embudo Valley of northern New Mexico. Owned and operated by the Johnson family, La Chiripada has been creating award-winning wines for over 30 years and is northern New Mexico’s oldest winery
- Vivac Winery. www.vivacwinery.com – 505.579.4441
- The Professionals at Vivac Winery are committed to excellence. With an elegant gallery of contemporary art, an in-house Chocolatier offering sumptuous truffles and a Happy Hour Season that includes live music. The Tasting Room is open 7 days a week, from 10-6pm.